Friday 20 May 2011

Trees

Woodland. Pen and gouache.
This week I have taken several walks between Histon and Girton, where there are numerous footpaths through fields and newly planted woodland. I have been trying out a set of Caran D'ache Fancolor gouache paints (which I intend to do a review of at some point). I think they are really childrens paints but I wanted a set of gouache pans to take out and about as an alternative to watercolours. I also took a handful of Neocolour 2 pastels and some tube paints as I wasn't sure how strong the pans would be.

3 comments:

Felicity Grace said...

I like this a lot! I love looking at sketches with the notes and colour references too - somehow seems to enhance the whole. I like how you can add light on top of dark with gouache.

suessketchblog said...

Thanks Felicity, that's why I wanted to try out the gouache.

Unknown said...

Hi Sue, this is a lovely spread! I like the Caran D'Ache gouache pans too. The set I have are part of their Classic range which I think is their student quality range. I found them in WHSmith at Serpentine Green near Peterborough but they are available on line a lot cheaper! The box is a shocking red and white and a bit on the big side so I haven't taken them out with me yet. They're different to tube gouache of course but still very usable :)